Sunday, December 21, 2008

7 random Christmas things

Found this on Barb's blog. Thought I'd play around.



1. I do have my shopping done, I just need to wrap them. That's going to be hard since the kids are done school.

2. I just started my Christmas baking today. It took me all morning to do my sugar cookies. I am protecting them from my family until Christmas.

3. We didn't hang lights up outside. It's too late now, there is a foot of snow and ice on top of my roof.

4. We make a gingerbread house every year. This year I put it together and the 2 younger dk's decorated it.

5. My favourite Christmas cartoon is the grinch and my favourite movie is A Christmas Carol with Alstair Sims.

6. My favourite Christmas song is The First Noel and Feliz Navidad.

7. I bought Christmas dinner yesterday. I forgot to buy the stuff to make Christmas breakfast...so I'll have to go back to the grocery store.



I'm on a roll...so I'll post more!

8. My favourite part of the biblical writing is when Gabriel appears to Mary.

9. My favourite ornament is an angel ornament my oldest dd gave me the first Christmas she was born.

10. My Christmas lights are red.

11. I usually decorate the tree with red lights, red ribbons, red beaded garland and gold balls but this year the kids made a bunch of ornaments so my tree is all homemade ornaments.

12. My favourite cookie is shortcake.

13. My favourite chocolate are cherry chocolates.

14. Every year I read the kids the nativity story straight from the bible.

15. I love my nativity scene. I bought it when I was in college...it's a precious moments set. I wish I had straw and a wooden stall for it.

16. I have an angel on the top of my tree. It was made before I even had my own tree out of plastic canvas. I made a lot of ornaments out of plastic canvas and cross-stitch.

17. I love snuggling up on the couch with cocoa and watching Christmas movies.

No comments: