Wednesday, August 27, 2008

St. Monica




I feel a special bond to St. Monica. I use to pray to her for dh and my son. Dh became Catholic this past spring and now we all attend mass as a family. Thank you St. Monica. I truly believe without your intercession this would not have happened.

Dear St. Monica,
troubled wife and mother,
many sorrows pierced your heart during your lifetime.
Yet, you never despaired or lost faith.
With confidence, persistence, and profound faith,
you prayed daily for the conversion
of your beloved husband, Patricius,
and your beloved son, Augustine;
your prayers were answered.
Grant me that same fortitude, patience,
and trust in the Lord.
Intercede for me, dear St. Monica,
that God may favorably hear my plea for

(Mention your intention here.)

and grant me the grace to accept His Will in all things,
through Jesus Christ, our Lord,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever.

Amen.

2 comments:

Tom in Vegas said...

LOVE this prayer. First time I've heard it.

Staying in Balance said...

As my son continues in his atheistic beliefs, I am feeling close to St. Monica myself these days.