Sunday, December 09, 2007

Favourite Prayers


I wanted to share a few of my favourite prayers

Hail Holy Queen

Hail Holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To you do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us. And after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Amen.

Miraculous Medal Prayer
O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Memorare
Remember, most loving Virgin Mary, never was it heard that anyone ho turned to you for help was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence through burdened by my sins, I run to your protection for you are my mother. Mother of the Word of God, do not despise my words of pleading but be merciful and hear my prayer. Amen.


I also wanted to post this before but was in hospital...as was I in hospital for St. Gertrude.I didn't forget, I just was in hospital.

Anyways it's a Novena I did for the Immaculate Conception. I thought about posting it last night but then got busy with life. (OK, it was the movie number 23, which I liked...no one else did but I like mentally twisted things)


Novena Prayer for the Immaculate Conception
.

O Mary Immaculate!
Guard with loving care this country dedicated to thee.
Let thy purity keep it pure.
Watch over its institutions.
As thou art the Refuge of all sinners,
this country is the refuge of the exiled and the oppressed.
Guide it ever in the ways of peace.
Let not its prosperity be its ruin.
Alas! Many of it's children,
who know not what they do,
are walking in uncertain paths,
which are dark, and lead them away from the truth.
Mother of all, pray for us and plead for them,
that we, thy children,
may love and adore thy adorable Son with more fervent faith,
and that those who are wandering in error's path may,
through thy intercession,
return to the one Fold of the True Shepard,
to they Son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ.

No comments: