Friday, November 23, 2007

Things to do on a Friday




1. Pray

The 3 o'clock prayer

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelope the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

And then, three times, "O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus, as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You.





I adore you Oh Holy Cross, adorned by the Most Sacred Body of my Lord.
I adore you Oh My God, put on the cross for me.
I adore you Oh Holy Cross, for love of He who is my Lord. Amen.

(When prayed 5 times today 5 souls will be released from purgatory)


2. Pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary

3. Abstain from meat....some type of penance, which I usually choose this one.



I also am praying a few private intentions, some for myself to St. Dymphna, to St. Aloysius for my children, for the those going through the RCIA: this year I have a very special interest in it, for the unification of the church and for an end to abortion, for those in the priesthood especially seminary Matthew...whom I miss his blog.

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Well, that's waaaaaaay more than I'm going to get done today. I'm figuring just getting dressed by sometime this afternoon will be great.

Looked up Springfield on the map and I'm not sure I have the correct one. What part of Canada is Springfield located? I have a compulsion to know where folks are:)

Tom in Vegas said...

Very nice prayer. Helps you keep Good Friday in your mind and heart throughout the year.

Take care,
Tom