Thursday, October 04, 2007

St. Francis of Assisi




Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,
grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand;
to be loved, as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.

Amen.



I have a resident at work...Francis. He was named after this saint. He is special to me because he likes me. He is always happy to see me, he remembers everything about me and he lights up when he sees me. It's always nice to see someone happy to see you. May God bless you Francis, and I give thanks for having met you :)

No comments: